Boundary Waters canoe trip planning should be stress-free and fun. Here are some step to help you with that.
- Who’s going? Your group make up will help us determine which canoe route is best for your group. Things to keep in mind: Age of the group, outdoor experience and fitness level. The maximum group size is 9.
- What are the goals and interest of the trip. Here are a few examples: Fishing, relaxing, photography, solitude, wildlife, base camping or traveling.
- Your Canoe Trip Dates. Entry permits are limited so it is important to plan in advance. We can help you with that to if your dates are already fixed the is great or we will find you the best canoe route based on the permits that are available for your date. Each season has different things to offer on a canoe trip. If you are looking for fewer bugs and more swimming opportunities July and August would be a good time of year. If fishing is the reason for you trip, May, June, and August would be best.
- How many days for you trip? We can accommodate canoe trips of any length. We will make your trip anyway you want it.
- What do you need to rent? We will help you out with our partial outfitting gear. Available to you are the essentials: Canoes, packs, life jackets, and paddles.
- Trip Logistics: You drive to Ely, some people fly into MPLS or Duluth and then rent a car, and if you need tow service into Boundary Waters Canoe Area entry point, we can set it up for you.
- Additional Services needed: Do you need a guide? It is not necessary to take a guide into the wilderness but we can help you find the right one for your trip if you book a trip early enough.
Call us to book your next Boundary Waters Canoe trip at 218-365-5489 or just fill out our reservation form.